Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Date is Set!

We set our wedding date with the Church yesterday! May 20, 2010 (It's a Thursday!). I may have to make a t-shirt that says that since everyone seems to need to tell me it's a Thursday as if I made a mistake. No mistake. We are hoping on the new trend to make Thursday the new Saturday night!
The date is set, the church is reserved, now we have to come up with Plan A, B & C for the reception. We've got plan A. I'm working on Plan B & C. I'm also working on finding a photographer that is within our budget, but that just doesn't seem to be possible at the moment.

I'm in the process of asking my girls to be in my bridal party. I have going to have a Matron of Honor, and two bridesmaids. I wanted them to feel really special and to also get them on board with the DW idea and feel. Each one will recieve a boat tote, embroidered with their initial, and in the tote is a candle in a beachy sent, lip balm in their favorite drink flavor, an ornament with their initial and a card from me. In their card I also let them know that their accomodations for the week or however many days they can stay will be taken care of. Here is a picture of the final product:

I bought the bags from Ebay Seller: MagicalMonograms/ www.magicalmonograms.com, the lip balm came from Graham-Caswell www.gcdspa.com. Both were great to work with and I hope to buy from them again!

No comments: