Thursday, September 24, 2009

Homemade Dog Biscuits!

I've been working on a baking project that I'll post separately, but I thought the dogs felt left out. I searched for a really easy recipe that I would have the ingredients in the house and here is what I found:

Homemade Dog Treat Recipe Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers

2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 375'F. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk, then add to dry ingredients and mix well. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Bake for 20 minutes on a greased baking sheet until lightly brown. Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container. --- This is the original recipe, but I have found the cookies burn easily

I did them in drop form, and only had to cook them for maybe 15 minutes if that. Our dogs LOVED them. I also cut the recipe in half as that was all the WW flour I had and it was the perfect amount!

No comments: