Thursday, May 21, 2009

Funfetti Cookies!

I posted about making these a few weeks ago, but wanted to take a moment to share the recipe. This is such a great alternative to the standard chocolate chip. Especially if you don't like chocolate. Personally, I love chocolate, but sometimes you want a cookie that won't melt in your hands! So, thank to Pillsbury.com here is the recipe. Enjoy.

INGREDIENTS
1 (18.9-oz.) pkg. Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Funfetti® Cake Mix
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1/2 (15.6-oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Funfetti® Vanilla Frosting


1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs; stir with spoon until thoroughly moistened. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With bottom of glass dipped in flour, flatten to 1/4-inch thickness.
2. Bake at 375°F. for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
3. Spread frosting over warm cookies. Immediately sprinkle each with candy bits from frosting. Let frosting set before storing. Store in tightly covered container.

*NOTES: I did not use any frosting on mine, and they were great. I tried it, but it wasn't easy and it wasn't working out well. Also, I always use a melon baller to scoop my cookies and then flatten with my hand.

I've read up on some reviews from other bakers, and you can use almost any kind of cake mix to make cookies. Should be fun trying them all out. I'm going to work on taking the oil out and making them more low fat!

No comments: