Monday, February 28, 2011

Bison Burgers Baby!

Expanding my food horizons has always been somewhat fun for me. For instance, the first time I ever had venison, it was ground venison that came from a road kill deer AND we had it in tacos on Christmas night. See? A fun story.

And so when guests were coming up to visit on a very cold, February winter day, I figured grilling burgers would be the best cure for the winter blah's. And not just any burgers, bison burgers.
I had passed the package so much in the store that I was really dying to try them. Ground Bison is better for you than ground beef and personally, I think it tastes better. Thinking perhaps our guests would not be as adventurous as us, I also got some ground beef.

Below are the patties I made up.

And here is the finished product....

Ground Bison (or Ground Beef - I did both)
Worcestershire Sauce
Montreal Steak Seasoning
Shredded Cheese
Kaiser Bun
Lettuce
Balsamic Onions (see recipe below)
I mixed the steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce in with the package of bison (or beef) and then made a couple patties. I added cheese to the last few patties I made just for some variety.
Grilled those puppies up and WAA LAA!

Balsamic Onions
Balsamic Vinegar
Vidalia Onion
Slice onions, drizzle balsamic vinegar over and grill.

I did a little research prior, making sure I cooked the meat to the suggested temperature. Ground Bison will defiantly make it on my menu again!



No comments: