Thursday, August 26, 2010

Carmelized Onions & BBQ Pulled Chicken!

This is one of the easiest recipes I have in my secret recipe folder. It's tasty, it's good for parties, good for leftovers making sandwiches, tacos, burritos, pizza, salads, you name it.

This particular evening we were having it as a leftover. I had some beautiful onions from our farm share so I caramelized them to add into the leftover BBQ pulled chicken.
To caramelize the onions, I browned some butter, added the onions and sugar. YUM.


Then added the already shredded chicken in. It gave it a very sweet yet tangy taste on the sandwich.



Ingredients

6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (12 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (You can use any kind! This makes it interesting!)
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing (I use low fat or fat free)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (Was out - used A1 instead)

Directions
Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.

No comments: