Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Gilled Eggplant Parm

My version of Grilled Eggplant Parm.


Just looking at this picture is making my mouth water.

Did I mention every single thing in this recipe except for the cheese and bread is from the farmer's market? The cheese and bread are from Whole foods. Oh and the can of tomatoes.. that wasn't from the market either.

Ohh, and the linguine that was store bought.


YUM.
Linguine was left over from the night before.
Bread was from Whole Foods, sliced, drizzled with EVOO, then grilled.
Eggplant was cut longways, brushed with EVOO, grilled for 3-4 minutes each side, then I placed slices of part skim mozz on it, grilled until it melted and removed.
We didn't have any jarred sauce, so I sauteed some garlic & onion in EVOO, threw in some bell peppers, oregano, crushed red pepper and a can of diced tomatoes.
I layered the eggplant with sauce and POOF. I was stuffed, but it was sooooooooo sooo good.
Makes me wish I had bought two eggplants instead of one. Perhaps I could make it with zucchini or squash, this place is lousy with that.
Needless to say this went over very well. I've made it before cutting the eggplant in discs, and either way it's great.




No comments: