Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Banana Pancakes

My fabulous husband loves to make waffles. Not belgium, regular as he would say. He has his own waffle iron and I often buy him mixes. He makes outstanding waffles. Feel free to come visit and request them!
More than I love waffles, I LOVE banana pancakes. Fabulous husband tried to make banana waffles and they weren't bad, but they weren't what I was dreaming about. This past weekend, he made me banana pancakes and they were to die for. I don't have the recipe, except to say that he would pour the batter into the pan, place the banana slices on it and cook. I added some cinnamon to a few of them and oh it was heaven.

What's my obsession with banana pancakes? A few years ago I was in Negril, Jamaica and there is a fabulous little place there called Selinas and they made the best and I mean BEST banana pancakes i've ever and will ever have (sorry fabulous husband). The coffee, the pancakes, the tropical setting, the good friends...what memories.

Still do this day... how many years later... 5 or so I dream about banana pancakes. Jack Johnson even wrote a song about them! Well not Selina's but about banana pancakes... how could you go wrong, unless you don't like banana.
Anyhow, I digress, here are some pictures of fabulous husbands banana pancakes....


No comments: