Friday, July 30, 2010

Grilled Pineapple


I love summer because it means grilled pineapple. Although I guess you could grill pineapple anytime of the year, there is just something really great about it in the summer.

I drizzle a little balsamic vinegar and fresh cracked black pepper and put it right on the grill. It is beyond delicious, and really brings out the flavors and the juices. It goes perfect with pork, beef, chicken, ice cream, you name it. I literally jump for joy when pineapple's are on sale at the food store just so that I can grill. We generally grill the entire pineapple and then whatever is left, if anything, I snack on the next day. YUM. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

The picture above it is paired with grilled pork chops, apple sauce and zucchini cakes.

No comments: