Thursday, July 22, 2010

Vegetable Tart

The inspiration for this adventure was a recipe for a Zucchini and Tomato Tart I found in a magazine a few years ago and never made. I kept going back to it every summer, but one thing was stopping me. I didn't own a tart pan!
I am happy to say I now own a tart pan! It was a gift for my bridal shower, which was last November and I finally got to break it in.

I used a variety of tomatoes, peppers, zucchini and onions (all from the farmers market).

1 pre-made pie crust
Vegetables

Spray tart pan with non-stick cooking spray, line with pie crust, bake for 10 minutes at 400. Then layer cheese on bottom (see picture below). The pile the veggies on and cook at 350 for approximately 30-40 minutes.

Yum!!! Even fabulous husband approved.










No comments: